Specialists: mr G.J.W. Pulles , mr drs. R. Imkamp , mr H.M. de Roo, mr dr M.F. Vermaat, mr R.L. de Graaff, mr S. Çakici-Reinders
Health law is a broad, dynamic and interdisciplinary field that involves international and national laws which affect the health of individuals and the public.
Health law includes specific national, European and international laws and treaties that regulate the health industry, the public's health, and the delivery and financing of health care services. It also includes other laws that can impact health and health care, such as tort law, constitutional law, family law, juvenile and elder law, administrative law, social welfare law and international human rights law.
Our firm’s main focus is on public health law. Preserving public health is a primary duty of the state. Public health regulations and laws are almost all administered at the state or supra-national level. Our lawyers have extensive experience in national and international public health law, the human right to health, European cross border health care and disability law.
The term ‘disability’ summarizes a great number of different limitations. People may be disabled by physical, intellectual or sensory impairment, medical conditions or mental illness. Such impairments, conditions or illnesses may be permanent or transitory in nature.
All persons with disabilities are entitled to exercise their civil, political, social, economic and cultural rights on an equal basis with others. The purpose of national, European and international laws protecting the rights of disabled persons is to promote, protect and ensure the full and equal enjoyment of these rights and freedoms and to regulate the provision and financing of the related services to disabled persons.
Our lawyers have extensive experience and are acknowledged authorities in the complex field of disability protection laws such as the AWBZ (Algemene wet bijzondere ziektekosten), WMO (Wet maatschappelijke ondersteuning) and Wtcg (Wet tegemoetkoming chronisch zieken en gehandicapten).
Our expertise also includes other laws that can impact the rights and interests of people woth disabilities, such as tort law, constitutional law, family law, juvenile and elder law, administrative law, social welfare law and international human rights law, in particular the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Social Security Law
Social security law is a specialized and complex branch of public law that governs social assistance provided by the government to individual citizens.
The main aim of the Netherlands social security system is to promote the welfare of the population through for example guaranteeing access to resources for food and shelter and to promote a basic income, health and employment for the population at large as well as for vulnerable groups such as children, the elderly, the sick and disabled and the unemployed.
Our lawyers have a broad knowledge and experience in many areas of social security law, including:
- Unemployment, temporary incapacity for work, and social assistance (WW, Wet Werk en Bijstand, Wajong, WAO, WIA)
- Support for elderly, sick and disabled persons (Voorzieningen gehandicapten, Wet maatschappelijke ondersteuning (WMO), AWBZ)
- Child benefis (Kinderbijslag)
- Pensions (AOW)
- Survivor’s benefits and pensions (Algemene nabestaandenwet)
We aim to find the best solution to your questions and problems and offer you efficient, cost-effective service. Legal Aid is most likely available in many cases.
- Gebruikelijke zorg – een strop voor het gezin?
- Toepassing VN-Gehandicaptenverdrag door de rechter
- Wanorde in de pgb-zorg toont noodzaak goede rechtsbijstand
- Compensatie in Wmo: rechter als plaatsvervangend bestuurder?
- WMO en discriminatie op basis van geloof (noot bij CRvB 27 januari 2016)
- WMO Schoonmaakvoorziening
- WMO 2015: doordachte keuzes?
- Maatwerk in het wetsvoorstel maatschappelijke ondersteuning
- Geen goede rechtsbescherming pgb-houder tegen zorgverzekeraar
- Zorg in het buitenland
- Privacy in de gezondheidszorg
- De zorg op de schop
- Een sticker is een besluit
- Eerst familie en vrienden inschakelen
- CIZ moet zorg toekennen
- Terugvorderen PGB in de WMO
- Centraal Tuchtcollege: motiveringsplicht WMO
- PGB zorg voor een schijntje
- EU Gehandicaptenrecht (noot bij HvJ EU C-356-12 Glatzel)
- Bewijsrecht in medische zaken
- Tarieven zorg door familie zijn onwettig
- Vermogenstoets/regeerakkoord – Eigen bijdrage – Wmo en AWBZ …
- Indicaties: geen standaard aftrek van een uur