Gerrit Jan Pulles has many years of experience in health law, the rights of people with disabilities and human rights law. He has specific interest and experience in cases involving the right to health, access to health care, legal protection against governmental actions and governmental supervision of healthcare and non-profit organisations. A distinctive part of his practice is devoted to complex cases involving international and European protection of fundamental rights.
Gerrit Jan Pulles holds law degrees from the Universities of Utrecht, Amsterdam (cum laude) and Oxford. He was called to the bar in 1994. From 2006 until 2017 he was a researcher and lecturer on international law and fundamental and civil rights at the University of Amsterdam. Gerrit Jan writes regularly about his fields of expertise. In 2014 he published a book about the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child in the Netherlands legal order and in 2016 a Dutch commentary to the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Gerrit Jan is a member of the Netherlands Association of Health Law, the International Law Association and the Netherlands Lawyer's Committee for Human Rights. Gerrit Jan is also a member of the board of the Amsterdam Bar Association.
Please contact Gerrit Jan Pulles via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toepassing VN-Gehandicaptenverdrag door de rechter
- VN Gehandicaptenverdrag Tekst en Toelichting - Flyer
- Direct application of international economic and social human rights in the Netherlands
- Wanorde in de pgb-zorg toont noodzaak goede rechtsbijstand
- EU Gehandicaptenrecht (noot bij HvJ EU C-356-12 Glatzel)
- Vijfentwintig Jaar IVRK en de Nederlandse Rechter
- Vijfentwintig Jaar IVRK en de Nederlandse Rechter (full text)
- Rechtstreekse werking VN Kinderrechtenverdrag
- Kinderrechten (noot bij ECSR 23 oktober 2012)
- Doorwerking VN Kinderrechtenverdrag
- EVRM en Kinderrechten
- Hoge Raad: geen kinderen op straat
- Uitzetting stoppen met kinderbeschermingsmaatregel?
- Zorg in het buitenland
- Adoption of the Third Protocol to the Geneva Conventions